Translate

Saturday, July 19, 2014

taking care of my mother

She suffered a hip injury in January of 2010. I was at the seminary of St Vincent in Latrobe Pennsylvania taking my seminary studies for priesthood formation. I had to ask for a leave of absence from the seminary Rector to be able to come home to the Philippines and attend to her. It took me nearly six months before I came back to the USA.
I did not make it to the seminary then. I discontinued my studies, filed for exclaustration from my own community superior, and looked for a job to sustain my life outside the Cloister. In December of year 2011, my mother passed. I went home for the wake and funeral. It was painful. The grief was uncontainable. I went back to Los Angeles in December 26th to continue the grieving while away from my family.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...